VVG IndieNation!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VVG IndieNation!

Come gather with fellow lovers of Indie Games and talk about what you like to play

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Deeke's XBLIG Picks

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr. Deeke
Admin
Mr. Deeke

Deeke's XBLIG Picks Empty
PostSubject: Deeke's XBLIG Picks   Deeke's XBLIG Picks I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 9:36 pm

This thread will focus on my personal Xbox Live Indie Game favorites, not arranged in any specific order.
The collection of favorites will be known as "Deeke's Picks".

First off, and I'm sure many of you will agree with my selection, is Cthulhu Saves the World.

Deeke's XBLIG Picks Xboxboxart

This game is a must-have for all RPG fans, serious or casual, and is a fantastic Xbox Indie that provides hours of classic turn-based RPG goodness that keeps going and going. New Game+ is also a feature that this game supports, much to gamer's favor.

Deeke's XBLIG Picks Screen3

At an affordable 240 MSP, Cthulhu Saves the World is a great buy--and Zeboyd games just launched an official press release about CStW's updated edition that will feature even more awesome content.

This game has received high acclaim and has earned a devout cult following (no pun intended) that has unwavering support for the title, and it reigns as one of the best RPG's on the Xbox Indie game marketplace. It's highly recommended for everyone to check it out--at the very least play through the trial, although the real version provides a huge experience that the 8 minute trial doesn't come close to.

I confidently give this game a 5/5 for its classic implementations of RPG dynamics--menus, screens, abilities, etc. Basically it's a perfect fit for all J-RPG/retro role-playing game fans out there.

The only thing I would like to see changed in Cthulhu Saves the World is perhaps an integrated skill tree with pictures instead of everything being just words--but it's still a great title.

Click on the picture below to be taken to the official Xbox.com Marketplace URL for Cthulhu Saves the World!

Deeke's XBLIG Picks Webboxart
Back to top Go down
http://xbl-indieverse.blogspot.com/

Deeke's XBLIG Picks
Page 1 of 1